In specific situations, an employee's salary may be withheld due to various reasons, such as incomplete job responsibilities or resignation pending settlement. Unauthorized absence and other scenarios may also lead to salary holds. However, it is crucial for employers to address and resolve the issue promptly, ensuring that the employee's salary is released once the matter is resolved.
To release the held salary of employees, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin portal, navigate to Payroll > Payroll Input > Release Salary. The Release Salary page opens.
- Click the Release Salary button. The form appears.
- From the Employee dropdown list, select the required employee.
- From the Hold Month dropdown list, select the month on which you had put the salary on hold.
- From the Release Reason dropdown list, select the reason to release the salary.
- In the Remarks text box, enter the remarks, if required.
- Click Release to start the salary release process.
- Click Confirm to complete the release.
Note: If an employee's salary is released, the employee will receive the released salary with the next salary. The held salary amount is not a part of the current month's taxable income. The employee can view the released salary amount in the payslip under the Gross section as Hold Salary.
To edit the released salary details of an employee, click the Edit icon available next to the Status column for the selected employee.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about the Employee Salary, click here.
📃Documentation- To learn more about Releasing held salary, click here.
▶Video- To watch the video on Salary Revision, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.