In Form 24Q, a CSI file refers to the Consolidated Statement of Information (CSI) file. It is a file format used for reporting tax deducted at source (TDS) from salaries under the Indian income tax system.
To generate a CSI file, the admin must perform the following actions:
- On the e-Filing portal Home page, click the Login button. The Login page appears.
- In the Enter your User ID textbox, enter your TAN number and password to proceed further.
- On the Dashboard, from the e-file dropdown menu, click the E-Pay Tax option. The E-Pay Tax page appears.
- Click the Payment History tab. A list of all the payments made by the TAN user appears.
- Click the Filter icon. The Filter by pop-up appears.
- From the Payment Date From and To dropdown calendars, select the date range of the payment.
a)You can only download the CSI file by filtering challans paid during a specific period and the period must not exceed 24 months.
b)You cannot download the CSI file by filtering the challans based on Assessment Year and Type of Payment.
- Click Filter to apply the selected date range. The Download Challan File option gets enabled at the bottom left corner of the page.
Note: Click Reset to modify the selected date range.
- Click the Download Challan File/Click here option to download the file. The file downloads successfully.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about Form 24Q, click here.
📃Documentation- To read more about Form 24Q, click here.
- To watch Form 24Q generation video, click here.
- To watch Form 24Q generation for last quarter (Q4) video, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.