Updated on - May 2023
A letter is one of the powerful tools used for effective communication between an employer and an employee.
The widely used official letter types are Appointment letters, Offer letters, Joining Letters, Increment Letters, Experience Letter to name a few.
You can create multiple letter templates using greytHR application.
To create an increment letter template and also to configure any types of letter templates, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin login, navigate to Employee > Setup > Letter Template. The Letter Template page opens.
- Click New Letter Template button. The Letter Template page appears.
- Under Step 1: General Information, in the Title field, type a name for the letter template.
- Select the Enabled check box if you want this letter template to be used to generate the letter for employees. You can view/select such enabled letter templates from Employee > Admin > Generate Letter > Prepare a letter >Select Letter Template.
- Select a value from the Letter Number Series dropdown list.
- Click the Add a Letter Number Series icon [+] and type the required values to create a customized value string.
- From the Mail Template dropdown list, select an appropriate template.
- In the Custom Fields section, type values if you require a new field in the letter, such as an employee's CTC, Grade or Location.
- Click Next. Step 2: Upload Template section appears.
- In the Template, click Upload File. The dialog box appears.
- Browse to the folder, select the file and click Open. After the file is successfully uploaded, you can preview the uploaded letter template.
- Click Next. Step 2: Workflow Setup section appears.
- From the Can employee request for letter? option, select Yes/No as per your requirements.
- Select the Reviewers Level as 1 Level/2 Levels/ 3 Levels as per your requirements.
- Click Finish to create the increment letter template.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs on Letter Templates, click here.
📃Documentation- To read more documentation on Letter Templates, click here.
▶Video- To watch more videos on Letter Templates, click here.
📢Product Update- To read our product update, click here.