No, is it not necessary for both sessions in a split shift to have equal durations. The split shift sessions can vary as per the organization’s requirements. To configure these sessions, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin portal, navigate to the Settings icon > System Settings > Attendance > Shift. The Shift page opens.
- Click + Add Shift. The page displays details to create a new shift.
- In the Shift Name text box, enter the name of the shift.
- In the Shift Code text box, define a shift code.
Note: Shift code is used in all the attendance and shift pages as a legend for the shift you create.
- From the Time Zone dropdown list, select the required time zone.
- Select the Split Shift checkbox to enable the split shift.
Note: This option is visible only if you enable the Split Shift functionality.
- In the Sessions table, double-click each cell to enter the In Time, Out Time, Grace In Time, Grace Out Time, In Margin, Out Margin, and Min Hrs To mark present for Session 1 and Session 2.
Note: You can configure only two sessions and the durations can be different for both sessions. However, the minimum gap between the two sessions must be two hours.
- Click Save to configure and enable the Split Shift.
After you have created a split shift, the next step towards configuring a split shift is creating an attendance policy for split shifts.
- You can also edit/delete the existing shifts by clicking the Edit/Delete icon available on each shift card.
- You can only delete a shift that is not linked to an Attendance Scheme.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about the greytHR split shift, click here.
📃Documentation- To learn more about the Create split shift page, click here.
▶Video- To watch the video on Create and Manage Split Shift on greytHR, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.