Geofencing uses GPS to set office location boundaries. For precise attendance tracking, it is essential that GPS accurately pinpoints locations. When GPS deviation exceeds 50 meters, attendance discrepancies can arise. Various factors such as tall buildings, adverse weather conditions, and the movement of satellites can impact GPS accuracy. To improve the GPS accuracy, you can try:
- Battery Saving Mode: Disable the Battery Saving Mode to enable GPS accuracy.
- Turn Off Hotspot: Deactivate Hotspot to avoid disruptions in GPS signals.
- High Accuracy Mode: Set the location to High Accuracy mode to enhance signal accuracy and precision. To enable this on:
- Android: Navigate to Settings > Location > Mode > High Accuracy.
- iOS: Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.
- Better Locations: Obtain location accuracy by moving to areas with a stronger GPS signal.
- Step Outside: Move near windows or open areas.
- Wait for Signal Lock: Give time for satellites to connect.
- Clear Sky View: Improve reception by moving to a less clouded area.
- Avoid Obstructions: Avoid standing near tall buildings and trees that block signals.
- Update OS and Apps: Timely updation of applications resolves issues and improves GPS accuracy.
- Calibrate Compass: Enhance your device’s direction accuracy to improve GPS performance.
- Restart or Reset: Reboot the device, clear the cache, and reset network settings to resolve GPS issues.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about the Auto sign in/sign out, click here.
📃Documentation- To learn more about the Auto sign in/sign out page, click here.
▶Video- To watch the videos on greytHR, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.