Sometimes, salary revisions are done retrospectively from many months before. Hence, arrears (difference in salary) for all those months must be paid. The arrears calculator determines the difference between the revised pay and actual pay for the arrears period, and then updates the arrears components. Various concerns, such as taxation and statutory deductions, are automatically handled.
Follow the below path to know how to calculate arrear on greytHR.
To view the existing record of arrears processed, navigate to Payroll > Payroll Inputs > Arrears.
On the Arrears page that appears, you can perform the following tasks:
- Process arrears for all employees or for an individual employee in a batch
- Process arrears for all or selected batches
- For each batch, get details of the payroll month, employee count and date from which the arrear is effective (with respect to the batch).
- Expand each batch to see the employee number, employee name and arrear amount
- Edit a batch, delete an employee or a batch, view statement of a batch or employee
Filter employees based on payroll month, employee filter, employee name, employee number, effective date and batch name
Perform the following steps to process arrears for the employees:
Click to start the Pay Arrears wizard.
- In the ARREAR EFFECTIVE FROM section, type the effective date for the arrears, add a note in the Remarks text box and then click Next.
Figure 2: Selecting the effective date for Arrears
In the EMPLOYEES section, sort out the employees using the filters available. Use the filters, check boxes, and the arrows to select the employees.
Figure 3: Selecting the employees
- Click Next, after you have selected the employees. The figure below displays the processing message that appears.
Figure 4: Processing the arrears
In Process and View section, verify the arrears processed for the employees.
Figure 5: Verifying the arrears processed
Click to exit the wizard. The Arrears page displays records of the newly processed arrears.
Figure 6: List of arrears processed
- Click to view the Arrears Batch as a report.
Click on the below video link to watch how the salary revision and arrear processing works on greytHR