Updating the opening leave balance for an employee refers to the process of modifying or adjusting the initial amount of accrued or available leave days or hours that an employee is entitled to at the start of a specified period, such as a new year or the beginning of their employment.
To update the opening leave balance for an employee, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin login, navigate to Leave > Information > Employee Leave. The Employee Leave page opens.
- On the Employee Leave page, from the Search Employee search box, search for the employee for whom you want to update the opening leave balance.
- Click Post Leave Transaction. Then Post Leave Transaction page opens.
- From the Leave Type dropdown list, select the type of leave you want to add as the opening balance.
- From the Transaction Type dropdown list, select Opening Balance.
- From the From Date dropdown calendar, select the applicable date.
- From the From Session dropdown list the required session.
- From the To Date dropdown calendar, select the applicable date.
- From the To Session dropdown list the required session.
- In the Days text box, enter the number of days you want to allot as the opening balance to the employee.
- In the Reason description box, enter the reason for updating the opening balance to the employee.
- Click Save to update the opening balance of the selected employee.