Professional tax (PT) is a state-level tax deducted from individuals' salaries or income in India, aiming to generate revenue for the state government and support development and welfare activities, with rates and regulations varying across states.
To override the Professional Tax (PT) basic value, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin portal, navigate to Payroll > Payroll inputs > Salary. The Salary page opens.
- In the Search by Emp No/Name search box, enter the employee number/name for whom you want to modify PT values.
- In the Search by component search box, enter PROF TAX BASIC.
- Double-click the amount cell and enter the new PT basic value.
- Click Process Payroll to override the PROF TAX BASIC value.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about Professional tax, click here.
📃Documentation- To learn more about the Salary page, click here.
▶Video- To watch the video on Salary, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.