Updating an employee's salary components without revising their salary typically means modifying the allocation or distribution of the existing salary components within the overall salary structure without changing the total amount of the employee's salary.
To change an employee's salary components without revising salary, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin portal, navigate to Payroll > Payroll Inputs > Salary. The Salary page opens.
- From the Search by Emp No/ Name search box, search for the employee for whom you want to change salary components.
- In the Search by component search box search for the component you want to change.
- Click the Override icon available next to the component. The Override pop-up appears.
- Click +Add row to add a new row in the pop-up.
- From the From Date and To Date dropdown calendar, select the required date.
- Double click the Amount text box, and enter the new amount.
- Double-click the Remarks text box, and enter the remark.
- Click Save to save the new value of the component.
- Click X to close the pop-up.
- Click Process Payroll to add the new value of the component in the salary structure of the selected employee.
Was this article helpful?
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about the Salary revision history, click here.
▶Video- To watch the Salary revision history video, click here.
📃Documentation- To read more about the Salary revision history, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.