It is mandatory to include an employee in the Form 24Q of the last quarter if you want to generate a Form 16 (Part A) for an employee. You cannot generate Form 16 for an employee without considering the employee in Form 24Q. The employee may demand a Form 16 for various purposes regardless of the fact that the employee falls under TDS bracket.
In greytHR, it is optional and the employer can decide to avail this option as per their requirements.
To enable this option, perform the following actions:
- On your greytHR Home page, click Settings icon > System Settings > Income Tax > Form 24Q. Form 24Q Settings page opens.
- Go to Preferences, and you can see many preference options which you can select as per your requirements.
- To include the employees without pan and zero IT in eTDS, clear the Exclude Employees Without PAN and Zero IT in eTds check box.
- To include the employees with zero IT in eTDS, select the Include Zero IT in eTds check box.
- Click Save to save the changes.