Professional tax (PT) is a state-level tax deducted from individuals' salaries or income in India, aiming to generate revenue for the state government and support development and welfare activities, with rates and regulations varying across states.
To map PT with the employee's location, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin portal, navigate to Settings icon > System Settings > Payroll > Profession Tax Location. The Profession Tax Location page opens.
- From the Location column, select the required location.
- In the State column, double-click the selected location row, and from the dropdown list, select the required option to map the location with the appropriate state.
- Select Exclude From PT check box to exclude the professional tax locations from the professional tax.
- Click Save to update the changes in the table.
Note: In case, the employee's location is unavailable, you can add the employee's location to map PT with the employee's location.
To update an employee's location, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin portal, navigate to Employee > Information > Position History. The Position History page opens.
- From the Search Employee search box, search for the employee whose designation you want to add.
- Under the Location category, click Add.
- From the Category dropdown list, select the required location.
- From the Effective From dropdown calendar, select the date from which the employee is assigned the selected location.
- From the Effective To dropdown calendar, select the date up to which the selected location is applicable.
- Click Save to add the required location to the selected employee.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about Professional tax, click here.
- To read more about the Profession Tax Location page, click here.
- To read more about the Position History page, click here.
▶Video- To watch videos on greytHR, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.