Follow the below checklist to ensure error free professional tax (PT):
- Enable the option Physically Challenged from the employee profile page to ensure they are excluded from the PT calculation.
- Ensure to enable the option Is Director to exclude the employee from PT calculation if the employee is a director.
- Check if the employee is a senior citizen since the senior citizen PT should be calculated as zero also, the senior citizen cap differs from state to state.
- Ensure the location is mapped and the gross salary is updated for the newly joined employees and update the new location for relocated employees.
- In case any new location is added to the system make sure you map the PT for the new location.
- Check the state specific PT rule. For example, in Maharashtra state, PT first slab is not applicable for female employees.
- Product Update - To read our product update, click here.
- Video - To learn more about greytHR, click here.