If the attendance is showing absent for a new joiner the reason could be the employee access card number is not updated as per the biometric setup.
Resolution: You need to update the access card number for the newly joined employee on greytHR as per your biometric database setup. You can complete this task by navigating to the access card details tab from the employee information section. Enter details such as access card number, from and the to date then save the details.
How to update access card number in system?
Access card number can be updated by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to Employee > Information > Access Card Details. The Access Card Details page appears.
- In the Search field, type the employee name for whom the details are to added.
- Click . The Access Card Details section appears.
- Type the number in the Access Card Number text box.
- In From Date and To Date fields, define the date range for which the access card would be valid.
- Click . The data is saved and appears on the Access Card Details page.