FVU or File Validation Utility is a software provided by the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) in India for validating the format and structure of the e-TDS/TCS (Tax Deducted at Source/Tax Collected at Source) returns filed by deductors or collectors.
To generate FVU verified file for e-TDS return, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin portal, navigate to Payroll > Admin > Form 24Q. The Form 24Q page opens.
- Click the required quarter for which you want to generate FVU. Form 24Q Filing tab appears.
Click Generate FVU to generate FVU for the selected quarter. Checklist before you generate Form 24Q: pop-up window appears.
Note: Click the Help icon given next to Generate FVU button to see more insights related to FVU generation. On clicking the Help icon, FVU Generation Help pop-up window appears wherein you can read and understand more information regarding the FVU generation process.
- Click Upload File, and then upload the CSI file for the respective quarter.
- Click Ok, Generate FVU to generate the FVU. FVU Generation progress bar appears. This displays the progress percentage of the FVU file generation.
- If the FVU generation is successful, the Downloads section appears. Under Downloads, you can download Annexure 1, FVU File, Form 27(A), and Zip File of Form 24Q.
- To download a file, go to the file and click the Download icon.
- Ensure that payroll is locked before you generate an FVU.
- Ensure that you have added challans for the quarter for which you are generating FVU.
Was this article helpful?
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about Form 24Q, click here.
📃Documentation- To read more about Form 24Q, click here.
- To watch the Form 24Q generation video, click here.
- To watch Form 24Q generation for last quarter (Q4) video, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.