Prerequisites to generate Form 16:
- Ensure all employee's salary and income tax details are updated.
- Ensure all employees' PAN card details are correct and not mismatched.
- Download the Form 16 part A and part B files from TRACES in pdf format. Do not rename the original file name.
- Ensure that the files downloaded from TRACES are not digitally signed.
To customize Form 16, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Payroll > Admin > Form 16. The Form 16 page appears.
- Click Settings to set the financial year and customize the Form 16 details.
- From the Financial Year dropdown list, select the year as the one previous to the current assessment year.
- Under the Particulars of the person responsible for form16 section, fill in the Name, Designation, Father's Name, and Location details in the respective text boxes.
- Select Use above location as signing location option.
- Under the Preferences section, in the TDS Circle Address text box, fill the address of the employee.
- In the Signing Date dropdown calendar, select the date on which form 16 is signed by the authorities. This date appears on the employees' form 16.
- In the Generated Date dropdown calendar, select the date on which form 16 is generated. This date appears on the employees' form 16.
- Using Part B Configuration and Form 16 Generation options customize your form 16 even further.
- Click Save to save the customized options.
- Click Back to Form 16 to navigate to the Form 16 page.
To generate and sign the Form 16 digitally, perform the following actions:
- On the Form 16 page, click Generate Form 16. Form 16 form appears.
Under Step 1: UPLOAD PART A, click Upload File to upload the Form 16 part A file that you have downloaded from TRACES in pdf format. Ensure that the name of the file is the same as when downloaded from the TRACES portal.
- Click Next.
- Under Step 2: VERIFY PART A, verify all the part A details of the employees.
- Click Next.
- Under Step 3: Upload Part B, click Upload file to upload the Form 16 part B file that you have downloaded from TRACES in pdf format. Ensure that the name of the file is the same as when downloaded from the TRACES portal.
- Click Next.
- Under Step 4: VERIFY PART B, verify all the part B details of the employees.
- Under Step 5: Generate Form 16, click Next to generate the form 16 document. A success message appears.
- Click Next to sign the forms digitally.
- If you are signing a document for the first time digitally, click Download greytHR Digital Signer to download the application.
- Click Run to run the installation wizard.
- Click Next to download the installation wizard of the greytHR Digital Signer.
- Click Finish to finish the process and close the wizard.
- Navigate to the folder where you have downloaded the file.
- Double click to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to install the digital signer successfully.
- After installation is complete, double click the greytHR Digital Signer icon on your desktop to open the application.
- In the login window of the greytHR Digital Signer application, in the User Name text box, enter your greytHR account username.
- In the Password text box, enter your greytHR account password.
- Click Login to log in to the greytHR Digital Signer application.
- Click the Refresh icon.
- From the dropdown list available next to the Refresh icon, select the Form 16 Signer.
- Under the Available Form 16 Batches column, you can view the details of Part A and Part B you have uploaded.
- Click Sign to sign the forms digitally.
- The greytHR Digital Signer automatically downloads, signs, and uploads the files in greytHR.
- In your greytHR application, under Step 6: Sign, you can now view the details of the forms signed.
- Click Next.
- Under Step 7: Publish, from the Status dropdown list, select signed.
- Select the employees to whom you want to publish form 16.
- Click Publish to Portal to publish the digitally signed form 16 to your employees.
- Click Email to email Form 16 to the employees. A mail template pop-up appears.
You can customize the email template by clicking Edit Message.
- Click Send to send form 16 via email to the selected employees.
- Click Finish to close the form 16 wizard.
- Documentation Page - To learn more about generating form 16 from our documentation page, click here.
- Product Update - To read our product update, click here.