The Workflow Delegates page allows Managers to delegate workflows to other supervisors or Managers in their absence. During the absence of an employees reporting Manager, all claims and applications that require approvals are delegated to the acting Manager. While the system notifies the reporting Manager, the authority to approve the claims and applications is vested in the acting Manager. Managers can delegate workflows from the Workflow Delegates page.
To navigate to this page, click the My Info menu on the Home page and then click Workflow Delegates under Miscellaneous.
Figure 1: Viewing Workflow Delegate Page
To delegate the workflow to another Manager, perform the following steps:
- Click . The Add/Edit Workflow Delegates section appears to the right side of the page.
- In the Work Flow field, type or select the workflow from the drop down list.
- In the From Date and To Date fields, select the appropriate date range.
- In the Delegatee field, type or select the employee (Manager) you want to delegate the workflow to.
- Click Submit. A message appears prompting you that the delegate is successfully added. Also a row appears in the Workflow Delegates table with details of the delegated Manager just added. The system sends a notification to the Delegatee who can approve the request.
For each of the delegated Managers, you can edit the workflow. To do so, clickicon and follow the same procedure as above.
Any claims that require your approval can be approved by the Delegatee. The system sends a notification to the reporting Manager when a claim or application is approved by the Delegatee.