To prepare a new letter template, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Employee > Setup > Letter Template.
- Click New Letter Template button. The Letter Template page appears.
- Under Step 1: General Information, in the Title field, type a name for the letter template.
- Select the Enabled check box if you want this letter template to be used to generate the letter for employees. You can see/ select such enabled letter templates from Employee > Admin > Generate Letter > Prepare a letter >Select Letter Template.
- Select a value from the Letter Number Series drop-down list.
To further customize your value, click the Add a Letter Number Series icon [+] and type the required values to create a customized value string.
- Choose an appropriate template from the Mail Template drop-down list.
- In the Custom Fields section, type values if you require a new field in the letter, such as an employee's CTC, Grade or Location.
- Click Next. In Upload Template step, you can upload your customized template document. Click Upload File, and select the required template file from your local directory.
- After the file is successfully uploaded, you can preview the uploaded letter template.
- Click Finish. The new letter appears on the Letter Template page.