If you can not view departments in the department category list, you can add the departments with a few simple steps. To add a department to the Category list, perform the following actions:
- Login to your greytHR admin portal, and then navigate to Employee > Information > Position History. Position History page appears.
- From the Search Employee search box, search for an employee to whom you want to assign the required department.
- Under the Departments category, click Add.
- Next to the Category drop-down list, you can view an Edit icon. Click the Edit icon. Department pop-up appears.
- Under the Description column, enter the department you want to add.
- Under the Active column, select the check box adjacent to the newly added department to activate the department now.
- Click Save to add the new department to the Category list.