Adding more departments to the department category list" typically refers to expanding the existing list of departments within an organization or system. A department category list is a categorization or grouping of various departments based on their functions, roles, or areas of responsibility.
If you can not view departments in the department category list, you can add the departments with a few simple steps.
To add a department to the Category list, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin login, navigate to Employee > Information > Position History. The Position History page appears.
- From the Search Employee search box, search for an employee to whom you want to assign the required department.
- Under the Departments category, click Add.
- Click the Edit icon available next to the Category drop-down list. The Department pop-up appears.
- Under the Description column, enter the department you want to add.
- Under the Active column, select the check box adjacent to the newly added department to activate the department now.
- Click Save to add the new department to the Category list.
❓FAQs: To read more FAQs about Position History details, click here.
📃Documentation: To learn more about the Employee Categories page, click here.
▶Video: To watch the video on the Position History details page, click here.
📢Product Update: To read about the Product Update, click here.