In an employee's salary structure, you can edit only those components that are not dependant on other components or one-time components such as bonus, incentive, other income, and other deductions. All the editable components have an edit icon next to them. The components that you can override have an override icon next to them.
To edit a one-time salary component of an employee, perform the following actions:
- From your greytHR Admin portal, navigate to Payroll > Payroll Inputs > Salary. The Salary page opens.
- From the Search Employee search box, search for the employee whose salary information you want to edit. All the salary-related information of the selected employee is now visible on the Salary page.
- On the Salary page, under the Component Name table, expand the component you want to edit. Let us consider the example of Gratuity.
- To edit Gratuity, click the Edit icon available next to the Gratuity component. Edit pop-up appears. You can also click Edit available on the right side of the screen.
- On the Edit pop-up, click +Add row.
- In the Amount text box, enter the new amount of gratuity you want to pay to the employee.
- In the Remarks text box, enter the remarks, if any.
- Click Save to save the new value of the Gratuity.
- On the Salary page, click Process Payroll to update the new value of Gratuity in the employee's salary structure. This step is essential to complete the process of editing components.
Note: If you click the Edit icon for a salary component such as Income tax, Reimbursement, Loan, and LOP of an employee, you are redirected to the respective page. You can then edit the salary component information as per your requirements.