To override a salary component of an employee, perform the following actions:
- Login to your greytHR admin portal, and then navigate to Payroll > Payroll Inputs > Salary. The Salary page appears.
- From the Search Employee search box, search for the employee whose salary information you want to override. All the salary-related information of the selected employee is now visible on the Salary page.
- On the Salary page, under the Component Name table, open the component you want to override. Let us consider the example of Gratuity.
- To override Gratuity, click the Override icon available next to the Gratuity component. Override pop-up appears. You can also click Override available on the right side of the screen.
- On the Override pop-up, click +Add row.
- From the From Date drop-down calendar, select the date from which the new gratuity value is applicable.
- From the To Date drop-down calendar, select the date up to which new gratuity value is applicable.
- In the Amount text box, enter the new amount of gratuity to be paid to the employee.
- In the Remarks, enter the remarks, if any.
- Click Save to save the new value of the Gratuity.
- On the Salary page, click Process Payroll to update the new value of Gratuity in the employee's salary structure. This step is essential to complete the process of overriding components.
Note: After a component is overridden, the Override icon displays a green tick.
If you click the Override icon for a salary component such as Income tax, Reimbursement, Loan, and LOP of an employee, you are redirected to the respective page. You can then override the salary component information as per your requirements.