To set up the Resignation Workflow in the organization, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Workflow > Setup > Workflow Levels. The Workflow Levels page opens.
- Click Add Workflow Levels.
- From the Select workflow type dropdown list, select Resignation. The Application Reviewer Levels form appears.
- Select any one of the 1 Level/2 Levels /3 Levels options as per your requirements.
- Under Reviewer Level 1, from the Approver Title dropdown list, select a job role as the first reviewer. When an employee resigns, the application will go to the selected job role for approval first.
- Select the Application Actions as per your requirements. The reviewers can view and perform the actions on the application based on your selection here. The actions available for a reviewer are:
- Accept & Forward
This option is available only if there is a next-level reviewer. The Accept & Forward option allows the reviewer to forward the application to the next-level reviewer. Forwarding the resignation application will not confirm the last working day of the employee.
This option is available for all the level of reviewers. After a reviewer accepts the application, the employee's last working day is confirmed. If the reviewer is not the last level reviewer and has accepted the resignation application, the application will still be forwarded to the next level reviewer for their acceptance.
- The difference between Accept & Forward and Accept actions:
- Accept & Forward: The employee's last working day is not defined till the final reviewer accepts (Accept) the application. The application is simply forwarded to the next-level reviewer.
- Accept: The employee's last working day is defined as requested by the employee. The application is still forwarded to the next-level reviewer for further approval, if any.
This option allows the reviewer to cancel the resignation of the employee. The application is still forwarded to the next-level reviewer for further action.
- Action Due
This option allows you to add the number of days a reviewer must take action on the resignation application. If an action is not taken, the application is automatically accepted and forwarded to the next level of the reviewer. This option is not available for the last level of reviewer.