To declare your income tax, perform the following actions:
- Log in to your greytHR ESS portal, and then navigate to Salary > IT Declaration. The IT Declaration page opens.
- If you are declaring IT for the first time, click Start Now.
- To fill the details in all the sections and forms such as Sec 80C, Other Chapter VI-A Deductions, click Add to declaration under each section. The selected sections pop-up appears.
- Fill in the amount as per your requirements.
- Click Save to save the amount under the selected section.
- Similarly, fill in the amount under all the sections.
Note: You can preview your IT declaration by clicking Preview.
- Click Next to view a comparison between the old regime and new regime. The Regime page opens. You can view a detailed comparison between the two regimes on this page.
- Click Next to select the regime. The Select Regime page opens.
- From the Select the income tax regime to submit and declare IT dropdown list, select the regime most beneficial to you.
- Select the option I acknowledge that I can choose my regime only once for the current financial year.
- Click Submit to declare your IT. Submit IT Declaration pop-up appears.
- Click Confirm to submit your IT declaration.