IT declaration refers to the process where an employee provides information and declarations about their income, investments, and deductions to their employer for the purpose of calculating and deducting the appropriate amount of income tax from their salary.
The employee can revise the IT declaration only if the window for submission is open.
To edit/revise the declaration, the employee must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR ESS portal, navigate to Salary > IT Declaration. The IT Declaration page opens.
- Click Withdraw and Revise. The Withdraw and Revise pop-up appears.
- Select the option I agree.
- Click Revise to edit the form.
- Click the Edit icon under the section you want to modify. The selected section pop-up appears.
- Fill in the amount as per your requirements.
- Click update to save the revised amount under the selected section.
- Similarly, edit all the required sections.
Note: You can preview your IT declaration by clicking Preview.
- Click Next to view a comparison between the old regime and the new regime. The Regime page opens. You can view a detailed comparison between the two regimes on this page.
- Click Next to select the regime. The Select Regime page opens.
- From the Select the income tax regime to submit and declare IT dropdown list, select the regime most beneficial to you.
- Select the option I acknowledge that I can choose my regime only once for the current financial year.
- Click Submit to declare your IT. Submit IT Declaration pop-up appears.
- Click Confirm to submit your revised IT declaration.
❓FAQs - To read more FAQs about Employee's IT Declaration, click here.
📃Documentation - To read more about the Employee's IT Declaration page, click here.
▶Video - To watch the video on Employee IT Declaration, click here.
📢Product Update - To read our product update, click here.