To post leave encashment days for an employee, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Payroll > Payroll Inputs > Salary. The Salary page opens.
- From the Search Employee search box, select the employee whose leave encashments you want to post.
- From the search by components search box, search for the Leave Encashment. Leave Encashment component now displays in the Component Name list.
- To edit Leave Encashment, click the Edit/Override icon available next to the Leave Encashment component. Edit/Override pop-up appears. You can also click Edit/Override available on the right side of the screen.
- On the Edit/Override pop-up, click +Add row.
From the From Date dropdown calendar, select the date from which the new Leave Encashment value is applicable.
Note: If you are overriding a component, you can view an additional column, i.e., To Date. From the To Date dropdown calendar, select the date up to which overridden value of leave encashment is applicable.
- In the Amount text box, enter the amount of encashment you want to pay to the employee.
- In the Remarks, enter the remarks, if any.
- Click Save to save the leave encashment value.
- Click X to close the pop-up.
- On the Salary page, click Process Payroll to update the leave encashment value in the employee's salary structure. This step is essential to complete the process of editing components.
Note: After a component is overridden, the Override icon displays a green tick.