Excel import refers to the ability to import data from an Excel sheet into payroll software. The greytHR's Excel Import page allows the admins to upload data in bulk using various Excel sheets.
To add employees' salaries in bulk, the admin must perform the following actions:
- On the greytHR application Home page, in the Search Actions search box, enter Import Data From Excel. The Excel Importer page opens.
- From the Importer Type drop-down list, select Bulk Salary Information Of Employees.
- Click Download a Sample File to download a sample Excel File. The Excel file is downloaded to your laptop or desktop.
- Fill in all the details in the Excel file which is downloaded to your laptop or desktop.
Note: Read the notes mentioned in the downloaded Excel file to avoid errors while uploading the file.
The columns in red must be filled mandatorily. Remove the Sample data and extra columns and save the Excel file.
- In the greytHR application, on the Excel Importer page, under Step 1: Excel Importer, click Upload File to upload the excel importer file you have just modified.
- Click Next.
- Under Step 2: Excel Importer Mapping, map the fields from excel to the application terms, if required.
Note: This step is mandatory if you have changed the format of the excel file.
- Click Next. You are redirected to Step 3: Excel Importer Validate.
- Under Step 3: Excel Importer Validate, click Next to add the employees' salary details through Excel importer in bulk. A success message appears.
Note: Admin can use the Bulk Salary Information Of Employees option to update the Children Education Exemption based on the number of children of employees.
Was this article helpful?
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about the Excel Importer, click here.
📃Documentation- To read more about the Excel Importer, click here.
▶Video- To watch the Excel Importer video, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.