Leave grant refers to the act of providing employees with a certain number of days off from work, which are paid and allowed for various purposes such as vacation, personal reasons, illness, or other approved reasons. Employers may have different types of leave grants, including annual leave, sick leave, maternity/paternity leave, bereavement leave, and more.
To apply for leave grant on behalf of an employee, the manager must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR ESS portal, navigate to Leave > Leave Apply. The Leave Apply page opens.
- Click Leave Grant option. The form appears.
- Under the Apply tab, from the Applying for Comp. Off Grant dropdown list, select the employee on behalf of whom you want to apply for leave grant.
- From the Leave type dropdown list, select the required leave type.
- From the From date and To date dropdown calendar, select the required dates.
- From the Sessions dropdown list, select team member sign-in/sign-out sessions.
Note: After selecting the dates and sessions, the system displays the number of days for which you have applied for leave.
- In the Days textbox, enter the number of days. The reporting manager details update automatically in the Applying to search box.
- Under the CC to, click +ADD to inform other team members about the leave grant application.
- In the Reason text box, enter the valid reason.
- Click Submit to apply for a leave grant on behalf of an employee.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about Leave on behalf, click here.
📃Documentation- To learn more about Leave on behalf, click here.
▶Video- To watch videos on the ESS portal, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.