Creating a shift refers to establishing a predefined work schedule or time slot during which employees are expected to perform their duties. It involves defining the start and end times, break periods, and any specific requirements or rules associated with that particular work shift.
To add new shifts for the employees, the admin must perform the following actions:
- From the greytHR Admin login, navigate to Settings icon > System Settings > Attendance > Shift. The Shift page opens.
- Click Add Shift. A form appears.
- In the Shift Name text box, type the shift name.
- In the Shift Code text box, type the shift code.
Note: The value can be of maximum four characters.
- From the Time Zone dropdown list, select your time zone.
- In Calculate Shift hours based on, select Sum of Session's In and Out time for a day/Shift Start Time and End Time for a day option as per your requirements.
- Double-click the In Time and Out Time column and enter the required timings for Session1 and Session2.
- Double-click the Grace In Time and Grace Out Time column and enter the grace timings.
- In the In Margin text box, enter the in margin for your shift hours.
- In the Out Margin text box, enter the out margin for your shift hours.
- Under the Minimum hours worked to be considered as present, in the For Half day and For Full day text box, enter the required hours.
- Click Save to create the shift. The success message appears.
❓FAQs- To read more FAQs about Adding New Shifts, click here.
📃Documentation- To learn more about Creating New Shifts, click here.
▶Video- To watch videos about Managing Shifts, click here.
📢Product Update- To read about the product update, click here.